Monday, August 3, 2009

X GAMES 15

I am so stoked!!! The X GAMES are one of the raddest parts of summer! Until recently, the games were the only time the extreme sports got coverage on TV. In the last two years I’ve noticed Mt. Dew sponsoring more televised events.

The X GAMES are a showcase for undervalued athletes. I don’t think that the athletes are undervalued, but I think many people don’t see the athleticism of the games. X GAMES athletes are considered non-traditional because they participate in sports that you can’t receive a scholarship at a university. Although this group of athletes gets paid for being the best in their disciplines, mostly they play for the love of sport, not the money. I’ve never heard of a BMXer making $41 million.

I feel that these athletes are more creative than their traditional counterparts. Some athletes helped to found the sport, some to take it to the next level and some creative new tricks.

Right now I’m glued to the TV watching to see the next big trick!

http://espn.go.com/action/


No comments:

Post a Comment